Skip to main content

Featured

God wants to bring is reformation, not revolution

  What we cannot have is a revolutionary spirit coming into the Church. There is a spirit of revolution that says, “Burn it all down.” It says, “Because I was wounded, because I wasn’t ordained, because I don’t understand ecclesiastical structures, or because I don’t like the way things have been done, I’m going to tell everybody that we need to burn it all down.” “We need to get rid of order. We need to get rid of ordination. We need to get rid of preachers. We need to get rid of all of it.” And now we have a spirit of revolution . But what God wants to bring is reformation, not revolution. God is not calling us to tear down the Church. He is calling us to build upon the foundation that has already been laid. And let me say this to the emerging preachers, emerging prophets, and emerging leaders : I want you to hear my heart, because I believe in you. I have been praying for you. The Lord showed me when I was in my early twenties that there would come a time—and I beli...

Preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ Random People

Comments

Popular Posts